Z5000 turning probs

obiewancanoli

Forum Newbie
Threads
when both levers are full forward it pushes to the right . Please help . mower is almost new , no damage at all .

GBHRPS

Threads
obiewancanoli,
Not my present Toro 75755 but my previous Cub Cadet had this issue. It turned out to be slop in the one lever assembly that allowed the lever to move through its full cycle forward and reverse, but the slop only transferred part of the lever movement back to the motor on the one drive wheel. In my case the lever had too much play on its shaft before the shaft would turn. Putting spacers on the arm and shaft took up the slack and made the shaft turn as much as the steering arm was moved, fixing the issue.

You may have a similar issue. Get undeer the tractor while on stands, or lift up the seat, whatever, so that you can see how far the lever AT the MOTOR moves when you push or pull that steering lever. Full push forward on the lever should give the same full movement on that last lever oattached to the motor. (Does that lmotor lever move the shaft going into the motor or is it loose?) It should be tight and turn as the levr is moved.

There are several YouTube videos on "Zero Turn Mower Won't Drive Straight" . Watch several of them as some refer to a loose drive belt tensioner, and others talk about a lever loose on a shaft that needs tightening. Good Luck!

Gene