Z121s is sluggish to turn when pulling back on the steering arms

Quadna

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Z121s is sluggish to turn when pulling back on the steering arms
My 5-year old Z121s has been been acting up when I pull back on an arm to make a tight turn. The left one will be very sluggish and after a few seconds will start reversing that wheel but the right one will not do much of anything - basically unresponsive. The hydraulic fluid level in the reservoir is good and the fluid doesn’t look bad, but the manual doesn’t say when I should have the fluid flushed or replaced. The mower only has 65 hours on it (yeah I know, small yard for a 48” deck) so seems soon to have to have the hydraulic system serviced. Any ideas?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Start by checking the condition of the belts, as well as make sure that the belt tensioner s are not sticking, preventing them from putting enough tension on the belt.

Quadna

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like a good idea. Thanks Rivets - I’ll do that first.

mddickson74

Threads
My 5-year old Z121s has been been acting up when I pull back on an arm to make a tight turn. The left one will be very sluggish and after a few seconds will start reversing that wheel but the right one will not do much of anything - basically unresponsive. The hydraulic fluid level in the reservoir is good and the fluid doesn’t look bad, but the manual doesn’t say when I should have the fluid flushed or replaced. The mower only has 65 hours on it (yeah I know, small yard for a 48” deck) so seems soon to have to have the hydraulic system serviced. Any ideas?
Wow, that is low hours for 5 years but then I am cutting 2 acres.

I would check and adjust the MOTION CONTROL LEVERS first.

Did you replace the hydraulic hoses every 2 years.

lugbolt

Threads
check the tow levers make sure they're both ALL the way in.