YTH24V48 - Will Not Start

robe762

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna YTH24V48 that will not start. Motor will not turn over when using the key, solenoid does not sound like it is engaging when i turn the key. I have checked the following:
1. I pulled the ignition switch and checked it, and it seems to be ok
2. I pulled the solenoid and when i put power to it, the solenoid makes a sound like it opens and closes and continuity checks
3. When i put solenoid back on hook all wires up and try to crank it will do nothing and solenoid does not make any sounds to indicate it is engaging when i turn the key. i can touch across the solenoid poles that battery is connected to, and the motor turns over
4. I checked the seat safety switch plug, and it looks ok
4. Battery checked at 12.22 volts. I tried jumping the mower battery with my truck and nothing happens.

Any suggestions on what i should check next?

Thanks,

robe762

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also the hour meter does not come on. Not sure if the mower has to be running for that to come on.

I tried jumping mower by touching solenoid poles. Motor turns over but will not crank. There is fuel in the tank and fuel in the inline filter. I also hooked jumper cables to the battery and tried starting by crossing solenoid poles but again the motor turns over but will not crank.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you bother to check the fuse? If no power is reaching the carburetor fuel solenoid then of course the engine turns over (crank) and not startup as no fuel is getting thru the main jet(s).

robe762

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ding Ding Ding...It was a blown fuse. you win a genuine imitation dinosaur dung paperweight. I actually did not see the fuse the way it was tucked back behind everything. I replaced the fuse, and it fired up immediately.
Thanks for your help in pointing that out StarTech (y) saved me further frustrations...lol

Auto Doc's

Threads
I have a Husqvarna YTH24V48 that will not start. Motor will not turn over when using the key, solenoid does not sound like it is engaging when i turn the key. I have checked the following:
1. I pulled the ignition switch and checked it, and it seems to be ok
2. I pulled the solenoid and when i put power to it, the solenoid makes a sound like it opens and closes and continuity checks
3. When i put solenoid back on hook all wires up and try to crank it will do nothing and solenoid does not make any sounds to indicate it is engaging when i turn the key. i can touch across the solenoid poles that battery is connected to, and the motor turns over
4. I checked the seat safety switch plug, and it looks ok
4. Battery checked at 12.22 volts. I tried jumping the mower battery with my truck and nothing happens.

Any suggestions on what i should check next?

Thanks,
Check the headlight harness. It has a ground that doubles back and goes up to the starter solenoid. This ground tends to break, and it will not crank and run if that happens.

Auto Doc's

Threads
My reply was late because the entire page did not load. This fuse will easily blow especially if you try jumpstarting from a car battery. The Amperage is way too high jump starting. Always pull the battery and charge it or replace it.