YTH24K48 steering

lugbolt

Threads
Loose steering. Diagnosed as both the upper and lower steering bushings being very loose. They are plastic. Ordered new upper and lower bushings. The lower is an upgrade kit, replaces the plastic assembly with metal. Yay. Upper works fine, it is plastic just like the original.

Here's the issue. The new lower bushing assembly is much too small to fit over the shaft. Shaft size is .746 (roughly 3/4") and the bushing is roughly .677", or slightly larger than 5/8. No way that's gonna work without modification and I don't have a way to cut a 3/4" hole.

Parts are OEM 587738901 for the lower, and the upper is 532195227. Upper is fine, as mentioned-no issue there. It's bore size is fine. Lower is too small.

Any ideas?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post the units model number from under the seat. I’ve check multiple units and each comes up showing you have the correct assembly.

lugbolt

Threads
The sticker is missing. That’s the other issue.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In that case I would be contacting Husqvarna customer service directly at this number, 1 (800) 487-5951

lugbolt

Threads
I did. That’s how I got the parts I have on hand. Dealers local all day same part number should work. Two dealers had one on the shelf to compare and they’re identical.

I fixed it. I machined the original out and made a bushing to bush the hole back to size. Took all day instead of 45 minutes, but it’s done.

Still gets under my skin that they all give me the wrong part number though.