YTH22C46 Won’t Drive forward or reverse

lakerspud

Forum Newbie
Threads
Was driving fine and depressed brake. Then took foot off brake pedal and mower does not move forward or reverse.

Belt is not broke and seems to be in correct position. Freewheeling lever is in proper place.

Where else should I look or check? Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Was driving fine until brake was depressed, and then after release doesn't work. I am thinking the belt came off some place. So may need to take a closer look.

larryuno

Threads
Those have K46 hydrostatic transmissions, the unit is about 10 years old, wonder if there is sign of oil leak?

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I bought it new 2 years ago
Drop the deck down to the lowest setting, get on your hands and knees and look at the drive belt. Is it on all the pulleys? Is the belt in good condition and have good belt tension?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just did an engine swap on my husq. It did have an electric PTO. But now it has no deck or any kind of PTO. It's simply for pulling the trailer. But when I press the clutch/brake too far, the belt comes off at the engine pully.
That might be where yours is off also. And it would hard to see, even if you were looking right at it, because of the belt guides, it's not going to be dangling down, way out of place.

lakerspud

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just did an engine swap on my husq. It did have an electric PTO. But now it has no deck or any kind of PTO. It's simply for pulling the trailer. But when I press the clutch/brake too far, the belt comes off at the engine pully.
That might be where yours is off also. And it would hard to see, even if you were looking right at it, because of the belt guides, it's not going to be dangling down, way out of place.
I will check. Thank you!

lakerspud

Forum Newbie
Threads
Drop the deck down to the lowest setting, get on your hands and knees and look at the drive belt. Is it on all the pulleys? Is the belt in good condition and have good belt tension?
Yes, belt seems to be the consensus. Will do. Thanks

lakerspud

Forum Newbie
Threads
Was driving fine until brake was depressed, and then after release doesn't work. I am thinking the belt came off some place. So may need to take a closer look.
Thanks. Will check

Joed756

Threads
I tend to think your brake is stuck, likely due to rust. Disassemble the brake, wire brush it, use Never-Sieze on the sliders and adjust as necessary.