YTH18H46 Steering excess play

weeddigger

Threads
5 year old Husqvarna YTH18K46 with 49 hours has developed about 1 inch play in steering wheel. Have determlined that the play involves Sector Plate Gear (no. 35) but have
been unable to find a way to get a wrench into the area to tighten flange nut (no. 60).

Has anyone here had this anomaly?

Is there a way to tighten the flange nut without major disassembly?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
With a shoulder bolt in use tightening the flange will not help. You must replace the worn parts. The whole steering plate must be drop to access the nut. Not hard but you must remove the deck and lift the mower up so you can get under it. Just four screws hold the plate on along with the steering shaft. A simple but time consuming job.

weeddigger

Threads
With a shoulder bolt in use tightening the flange will not help. You must replace the worn parts. The whole steering plate must be drop to access the nut. Not hard but you must remove the deck and lift the mower up so you can get under it. Just four screws hold the plate on along with the steering shaft. A simple but time consuming job.
Thank you StarTech, I was able to loosen the shoulder bolt enough to confirm the thrust washer was there. But replacing the worn parts will have have to wait for awhile.

weeddigger

Threads
Off subject but important: StarTech, saw your post in March about BP, I also had big BP problem but solved it by cutting out most salt, haven't picked up the salt shaker but 3 times in last 3 months.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Off subject but important: StarTech, saw your post in March about BP, I also had big BP problem but solved it by cutting out most salt, haven't picked up the salt shaker but 3 times in last 3 months.
I was put on a no salt diet three years ago. Now it no sugar or meats. Boy my butcher is mad at me.

I having to try to fix my problem right now myself as the doctor refused to put me back on the med that was working. Having a hard time finding a doctor that will accept new patients.