YTH1542 transmission issue

Woodstock539

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi folks,

I’m experiencing a transmission issue. It works but I have to move the level half way forward or back before it starts to move and then it jumps forward or backwards like starting a manual in 4th gear and popping the clutch. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please provide the full model and serial numbers from under the seat so we can figure the exac unit you have.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When was the last time the dr belt was replaced? You have a 2002 model and I suspect that your belt is glazed or worn, causing slippage until it catches at high speed.

Woodstock539

Forum Newbie
Threads
Doesn't sound or feel like the transmission is engaging until high speed but great though. I'll take a look later today.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Also check the idler tension pulley and arm. Make sure they are in good shape and keeping tension on the belt. Also, the belt may look good, but not operate properly. If more than three years old I would replace it.

Woodstock539

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also check the idler tension pulley and arm. Make sure they are in good shape and keeping tension on the belt. Also, the belt may look good, but not operate properly. If more than three years old I would replace it.

You sir, are a genius! So I got under it and the belt was loose. I pulled at the tensioner and now it works great. Looks like a litter WD40 will fix my issue.