YTA22v46 won't move; belt jumped I think?

crazyquik

Forum Newbie
Threads
I feel pretty stupid, but I was mowing some tall grass . . . ok, bushhogging a meadow . . . and things were going fine.

Then, all of a sudden, the tractor stopped moving forward. Also would not move backwards. When I tried pulling the freewheel release rod to push or pull the mower, the rod didn't seem like it would engage or disengage like it normally does.

I have checked the main belt that runs from the engine to the transaxle and it seems loose. But, I can't find a belt diagram anywhere online. Does anyone have one?

Or, could it be the other belt on top of the transaxle?

Or, I suppose, the freewheel release rod could be jammed into some middle position, causing the transaxle to not move at all, but also not allowing the wheels to freely spin.

Any other ideas or diagnostic tips? If I get it fixed, I will not be taking it down into the tall grass again.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Post manufacture model and serial no. These guys on here are pretty darn good but they are not physic.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Being an RS800 the shifter must be exactly in neutral for the transaxle disengagement. Even then it will not act like it is fully disengaged at times.

drive belt routing. Note the shape you are looking for when around all the pulleys.

1629621511245.png1629621537993.png

crazyquik

Forum Newbie
Threads
Flipped the seat forward, pulled out the battery, and battery box (which is just held in with plastic tabs. That gave easy access to the belt and rear pullies above the transaxle.

Whether the brake was pressed in or out, the drive belt was very floppy. Referred to the diagram above and the belt had definitely jumped off one of the pulley which is tensioned by the brake pedal. Flipped it back on the other side and I was back in business.

Thanks so much!