Your preferred one-stop source for blades, air filters, tires, etc?

packardv8

Threads
  • / Your preferred one-stop source for blades, air filters, tires, etc?
Agree, John, that's just ridiculous. I'll pay more to support local businesses, if they have the part on hand. If they say they'll have to order it, I can do that myself.

jack vines

nbpt100

Threads
  • / Your preferred one-stop source for blades, air filters, tires, etc?
So how do you feel about this, I have a full-service repair and parts place near where I live, and I do know that they started selling parts online. I needed a spindle for my mower deck 46in Craftsman, I find they have a part listed on their web site on E Bay for $28.95 plus shipping when I see who they are I just go to their business place and ask for the spindle, and they ring it up and it's like $38.95. I tell them that I had looked it up online and the price and they tell me they don't sell their parts in store for online prices. Couldn't understand that so I just said thanks and didn't buy it from them. Found another seller with the same part for the same $28.95 and free shipping so did that instead. Was I wrong or is this a normal practice?
That has been my experience as well. Try calling and tell them you will pick up the part you see ebay and you want to save on the shipping. See what they say. If they are drop shipping they may not be able to do that. If they are fulfilling orders locally, why wouldn't they?