Yazoo Kees

PK Fan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good evening everyone,

I have a 1999 Yazoo Kees zero turn mower and I love this beast. Its a 48 inch deck. I had issues at the end of last summer with the engine, which is a Kawasaki FH500V. I would mow for about 15 minutes and then the engine lost power and I had to shut the deck off. Once I did this, the engine stayed running but if I went to turn the deck back on it would bog down and seemed to not have enough power. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what this could be?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Brian

txmowman

Threads
Sounds like a wore out or out of adjustment PTO clutch.

PK Fan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply txmowman. I have never messed with the PTO clutch. Is it a difficult fix?

Bertrrr

Threads
How does it run without engaging the PTO ? Unlikely to be the clutch - if it's worn out - will probably not spin the deck belt
I would look at all your spindles and verify the bearings are not seizing up - do you smell smoke like the belts are starting to burn when it bogs down ? Does this repeat a second /third time after cooling down ?
Does it idle good , rev up good with out pto engagement ?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
when it does this try pulling the plug wires one at a time. If it dies when you pull one of the wires off that is the good cylinder and the other one is not firing.

PK Fan

Forum Newbie
Threads
How does it run without engaging the PTO ? Unlikely to be the clutch - if it's worn out - will probably not spin the deck belt
I would look at all your spindles and verify the bearings are not seizing up - do you smell smoke like the belts are starting to burn when it bogs down ? Does this repeat a second /third time after cooling down ?
Does it idle good , rev up good with out pto engagement ?
I will have to verify that Bertrrr. Its been awhile since I ran, so I will take it out this weekend and let you know. I just installed three new spindles at the beginning of last summer, so they should be good. When it runs for the first 10 to 15 minutes, it works great.

PK Fan

Forum Newbie
Threads
when it does this try pulling the plug wires one at a time. If it dies when you pull one of the wires off that is the good cylinder and the other one is not firing.
Good idea hlw49. I will try that this weekend as well. Much appreciated !!