y Scag 36" walk behind

Mack Man11

Threads
Hi! My Scag 36" walk behind has a problem i can't figure out. When i try to put the blades in gear or put the trans in gear the motor sta;;s. Can't figure it out Any help is very much appreciated Thank You

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would be looking at an operator present switch or related wiring. Basically similar to how a seat switch on a ride on mower works.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Will need actual Scag model number to see if we can find a wiring diagram for your mower.

Mack Man11

Threads
Will need actual Scag model number to see if we can find a wiring diagram for your mower.
Sorry but it is not anywhere to be found. Not sure how to find it any other way. I sound like a dummy but this is what i am dealing with.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now you know why I record all models and serial numbers from any equipment that comes into my shop. It has save me numerous headaches after the labels get lost.

If it the model I just looked up there two operator present switches and they are wired in series so both must good and activated. Otherwords you got to hold the LH handle, pull the PTO switch, grab the RH handle quickly; unless, the mower is in neutral.

Just hoping someone has wired the OP switches parallel instead as that would make better sense operation wise.