Xtreme 3300 deck belt replacement

Iamno1too

Forum Newbie
Threads
Love my Dixie Chopper but recently my deck belt broke. I have a 90 inch replacement but not sure how to put it on. Do I have to remove the motor pulley? And not sure if I have to dissemble the pulleys on the tensioner piece. No videos on line and my grass is growing taller by the day. Any help appreciated

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The engine pulley is one unit. The transmission belt sits in the top groove and the deck belt rides in the bottom groove. You are going to need to relax the tension on the deck pulleys, route properly, and get the belt around the engine pulley.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Post Serial no, and deck size to make sure you got the right belt. If you are just measuring it, it would be a B87. Best way to do this is to loosen the guides at the engine pulley and take the triangle plate with the two idler pulleys on the deck off. Take the link off that goes to the engage lever and slide the triangle plate up off the pivot post. Take an impact wrench and take the v idler off and wrap the belt around it and slide it back down on the bolt and tighten nut. Sometime you have to take the flat idler loose as well to get the belt clear the idler. Slide the triangle plate back down over the pivot post making sure the belt goes out side the v idler and inside the flat idler and around the engine pulley and inside the pivot post. Put belt around the deck pulley on last since it is easier to get on this way. Put the engage link back on and engage the belt put the belt guides back like they were at the engine pulley. Tighten the nut on the engage link so the spring is compressed to 1 7/8 inches.

Last edited:

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Post Serial no, and deck size to make sure you got the right belt. If you are just measuring it, it would be a B87. Best way to do this is to loosen the guides at the engine pulley and take the triangle plate with the two idler pulleys on the deck off. Take the link off that goes to the engage lever and slide the triangle plate up off the pivot post. Take an impact wrench and take the v idler off and wrap the belt around it and slide it back down on the bolt and tighten nut. Sometime you have to take the flat idler loose as well to get the belt clear the idler. Slide the triangle plate back down over the pivot post making sure the belt goes out side the v idler and inside the flat idler and around the engine pulley and inside the pivot post. Put belt around the deck pulley on last since it is easier to get on this way. Put the engage link back on and engage the belt put the belt guides back like they were at the engine pulley. Tighten the nut on the engage link so the spring is compressed to 1 7/8 inches