Wondering if I am having a fuel problem on my D100?

alsgt

Forum Newbie
Hello,

I have a John Deere D100 that I purchased last summer from my local Lowe's. I noticed the other day when I stopped cutting grass that my fuel filter was almost empty, basically only about a quarter of an inch in the bottom of the filter bowl while it was running. Usually when it is sitting and not running the filter is full of gas. I have had no problems with engine performance yet but I am just looking to know if it should be like this. I will attach a picture of the filter while the engine is running to show you how little fuel is in it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alan
 

Attachments

  • filterjd.jpg
    filterjd.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 36
Hello,

I have a John Deere D100 that I purchased last summer from my local Lowe's. I noticed the other day when I stopped cutting grass that my fuel filter was almost empty, basically only about a quarter of an inch in the bottom of the filter bowl while it was running. Usually when it is sitting and not running the filter is full of gas. I have had no problems with engine performance yet but I am just looking to know if it should be like this. I will attach a picture of the filter while the engine is running to show you how little fuel is in it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alan

Hi
That is an air bubble in the system if it does not cause problems leave it. Can be remove by removing the filter fil it up with petrol and re install it

Regards
PJ
 
So what if on my Grasshopper 220 i believe it is causing the engine to lack power? Would it be the fuel pump? At time when the PTO is engaged it really affect mowing speed or i need to stop to let the engine catch up then start again.
 
Back
Top