Won’t keep running

Jwatson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have scag cub Koehler command 20 48a20cv Engine cv2065597 . It starts runs about 3to 5 seconds then shuts down will start backup immediately. I have replaced fuel solenoid , fuel filter, cleaned carburetor, added fuel cleaner for water , spark plugs . It sounds as if there is a sensor tripping and killing engine . Replaced ignition switch . Any help would be helpful

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does the engine have a low oil shutdown sensor. Could be located either next to the oil filter or mounted in the V between the heads. should have a single wire going to it. the low oil shutdown will cause it to die 3-5 seconds after starting.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Check your oil to be sure it is full, then i would remove the blower housing, locate the ignition coil(s), and unplug the kill wire, then start it. if it doesn't die, that would point to something killing spark. if it does die, probably fuel / fuel delivery,issue,

Born2Mow

Threads
Old fuel will do that too. Is your fuel over 8 weeks old ?

Jwatson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check your oil to be sure it is full, then i would remove the blower housing, locate the ignition coil(s), and unplug the kill wire, then start it. if it doesn't die, that would point to something killing spark. if it does die, probably fuel / fuel delivery,issue,
Oil full