Wobbly rear drive wheel

tailgunner

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro SR-4 super recycler mower model # 20381. It is ten years old and other than a new carb and drive wheels has been pretty trouble free. But I am currently having an issue with the right rear drive wheel assembly. It is very wobbly, and the clearance between the wheel and deck is way less than the left wheel. Is this caused by a worn bearing, or is it a worn axle/ trans assembly ? Any help on this is appreciated .

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads

tailgunner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for taking the time to provide your thoughts !

nbpt100

Threads
Rivets may be right, but Before you buy anything I would check that the wheel shoulder bolt is tight and the steel bushing in the wheel is not worn. When this stuff starts to get sloppy the gears may not mesch properly and can skip and even get damaged. Therefore I would not use the machine until you get it diagnosed and corrected.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had the same thing on almost the same mower. For me it was just a loose bolt. That was 10 years ago and it is still going strong.

tailgunner

Forum Newbie
Threads
The wheels are new and bolt is tight. When I took a closer look, it appears that the pivot assembly is what is wobbly ?