wisconsin robin 2cycle issue

Snapperfreak

Threads
HI all. Wondering if someone with 2cycle experience could help me out. My Snapper with the wisconsin-robin wti-125 2cycle won't start up unless the air filter and metal filter cover is off (so the intake is exposed). Even if the filter is off and just the cover is on it still won't start. Starts, idles and runs fine if it's all off but I can't figure it out. I didn't want to try adjusting anything since i don't know what i'm doing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank u.

kdjohn1

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 2-stroke Briggs Snapper would do the same thing. I lubed the throttle cable and choke real well one day after I noticed the choke was hesitating to close on cold starts.(I noticed because I took the cover and filter off. But ever since, it starts without removing the cover and filter. Doesn't make any sense. I can't figure that the filter and cover were impeding the choke plate in any way.

Snapperfreak

Threads
ok thanks. it seems if i put throttle only about half way to choke and not all the way to choke and then start it it's ok. i guess it doesn't need to be set al the way to choke to start. my 4cycle WR is same way though, it will usually start at like half throttle.

thanks for the input