wiring diagram dyt4000

corvairbob

Threads
i would like to get the wiring diagram for the dyt4000 craftsman mower. what i want to do is eliminate the seat switch so it will not stop when off the seat. yep that is a safety thing but i'm tired of the thing stopping if i need totest run it or bend over to pick up waste in the yard etc. i once removed the wires to the seat and it would not restart and if i sat in it it would start only if the brake was depressed. so i don't like it. and to save a bunch of time just getting the diagram will save a ton of trial and error. i found this online

http://www4.briggsandstratton.com/m...rical from MA-S-1612 2004 Quick Reference.pdf

and it has a bunch of digrams but none show my model. maybe someone here can tell me if any of these are the same as my tractor. thanks bp.

briggs

Threads
i would like to get the wiring diagram for the dyt4000 craftsman mower. what i want to do is eliminate the seat switch so it will not stop when off the seat. yep that is a safety thing but i'm tired of the thing stopping if i need totest run it or bend over to pick up waste in the yard etc. i once removed the wires to the seat and it would not restart and if i sat in it it would start only if the brake was depressed. so i don't like it. and to save a bunch of time just getting the diagram will save a ton of trial and error. i found this online

http://www4.briggsandstratton.com/m...rical from MA-S-1612 2004 Quick Reference.pdf

and it has a bunch of digrams but none show my model. maybe someone here can tell me if any of these are the same as my tractor. thanks bp.

they put the safety in place so if u fall off it wont run over u or anyone else...I know its a pain ..But i cant tell u how to bypass it sorry i don't want to be held reasonable if u do something that ends up getting u or anyone else hurt or killed ..Now if one of the other folks on here wish to tell u that's there choice ..But i doubt they will sorry man

tybilly

Threads
you may have to order that from sears,i had to do the same thing for a friends craftsman,it was about 8 bucks,if you set the parking brake and turn off the blades it should still run for you right?..briggs is right bypassing safety features invites trouble.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Corvairbob, Ty is right. my 2004 has the built in feature of "brake set" over ride of the engine stall. I use it a lot. The foot brake is depressed while the little lever by the right leg is pulled up. It catches and you may leave the tractor with the engine running. (off topic , quick question , got corvair?)

corvairbob

Threads
so to satisfy the people here that are looking out for my safety thank you. for the rest i just took off the switch and placed a washer over the button and put tape around the switch and it works perfect. not what i wanted to do but works none the less.

corvairbob

Threads
i will when the weather breaks. the machine is out in the back under a cover with a bunch of snow over it now. but what puzzles me is hte switch has 2 wires and if i jumper them it will start if i sit on the seat with the brake pushed and as soon as i release the brake it stops. so that switch must have a resistance o to it that the wiring is looking for. can't be anything else. so i just depressed teh switch and clamped it down for now and it does the job. thanks

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seat Switch Plunger | Part Number 121305X | GUARANTEED FIT from Sears PartsDirect

Safety switch is most important, two years ago I was mowing in reverse in a hurry to get done before storm hit, ended up going over bank with tractor on top of me, safety switch shut engine down, by the grace of GOD i was ok. I was able to crawl out from under tractor and upright tractor by placing both hands on steering wheel and lifting. I learned my lesson, slow down mark & watch where you're going at all times.