Export thread

will this work

C

corvairbob

i have a craftsman rider model 917.273350 and i need the bagger chute that connects to the mower deck. i went to the parts direct and found the mower but the chute does not look like it is the correct part. or at least by the picture. they give a part number of 131970 for the deck chute. does anyone happen to know it this is in fact the correct part for my rider? thanks

C

corvairbob

so are there any lawn mower repair guys here that can hel with this issue? thanks

R

Rivets

Whoa, slow down there buffalo bob, it takes time to find answers. Being impatient is not going to help your cause, as is dual posting. Things don’t work that way around here like that. To tell you the truth I’ve been trying to find you an answer, but haven’t as of yet. Seeing that you think you should have an answer by now makes me wonder whether to continue searching. If I do continue searching, I’m going to need the model number for your bagger attachment.

C

corvairbob

thanks but i have post that question about 3 weeks ago and go nothing and then a few days ago and nothing. i figure because i got no replies that the area i had it posted was not correct so i moved it to the pro section just to see if the pro's may have any idea.

most forums get answers in a day or so and if it fails to get a repy then you may have to move it around or rephrase it some. so that is why i moved it and rephrased it. sorry if i stepped on your toes.

i'm not quite sure what you're asking about the bagger model number? have no idea where to get that number. the machine came to me with the bagger attached, so i'm guessing it came with the bagger when it was new. when i enter the mower model in the sear's parts area they show a bagger and give the numbers i posted but then when i enter the box that wants to verify that part as a fit it says no. that is about as far as i can go. so i posted it here to see if anyone happens to have this model and might have a part number for that lower chute.
thanks for getting back rivets.

R

Rivets

In that case your best bet is to contact the experts at Sears parts direct. They have a chat line which will help you and give you help if they give you incorrect info.

C

corvairbob

thanks. i will try them.

C

corvairbob

ok i went to sears parts direct and they do not show a bagger when i enter the rider model. i entered 917.273350 for the rider model and it brings up the rider parts. but i does not show any bagger parts. so i ask for a bagger in the box that lets you enter a part number or description and nothing show up.

so is there a chance you may know who made that model for sear? i may be able to then go to the mfg for that model and see if they can help me out. i eparts they do not even show sears as a model. thanks

R

Rivets

That number number comes up to a lower chute used by Husqvarna, MTD and AYP. Each of these manufacturers built units for Sears Craftsman. Another reason I hate working on big box units, as most are cheaply made and it gets tough finding parts as they age.

C

corvairbob

thanks the eparts could not help. they say to contact sears parts directly, they are not online and have not been for wees. so i will look up the husqvarna mtd or ayp and see if theyhave online email or chat. thanks for that much anyway. it gets me further than i was.

I

ILENGINE

This also could be a case where a third party company made the bagger for the mower. Agri-Fab is a common manufacturer for stuff like that and then has the adapters to fit a certain model. Third party accessories can be even a bigger issue to track parts for sometimes. You need the model number of the bagger which is totally separate from the mower, since it isn't part of the mower.

C

corvairbob

thanks is there any chance you might now where to look on the bagger unit for that number? i looked on the top cover and the top chute, but did not take the frame off, might it be on that frame assy. thanks

C

corvairbob

ok update. i went out to my rider a sears made by husqvarna and the bagger doesn't have any numbers on it. so i will need to see about contacting those 3 mfg. given to me hear and see if they can help with that.

C

corvairbob

ok update. agrafab called me and told me that rider in question is made by husqvarna, and they gave me the item number for the bagger as 24891 so now on to husqvarna to see about parts for that item. thanks for the help.

C

corvairbob

ok here is the end. i found one. i posted on a local forum and a person had an older sears rider they junked out and happened to have the chutes for it yet. and they were free, can't bet that with a stice. plus it fit good enough to do the job. but if not for the help from this site i may not have found that. i was able to dial in the model and years i was looking for. thanks a lot for all that great help.