Will my Grasshopper 41" zero turn manage to cut 3 0r 4 sites a week ?

Cutterboy

Threads
  • / Will my Grasshopper 41" zero turn manage to cut 3 0r 4 sites a week ?
Just starting small business, and im wanting to know if this machine will be fine. Each site is 2 acres, so how long will it take for me to do each one ?. I worked out about 2 hours a site.

C&R Lawn Care

Threads
What size motor is on the ztr. And also depends on the landscape.

I use a 52 and a 60. I get about 2-3 acres a hour. Plus trim and blow.

Cutterboy

Threads
Engine is a 24 hp briggs v twin.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
It all depends on the terrain, landscaping and you. How well can you drive your grasshopper, do you have an eye to be able to see the easiest, fastest pattern to mow it.

Cutterboy

Threads
Nearly all areas to be cut are nice and flat. Just getting to grips with the machine now. Seems a nice cut. The machine can fit into my van, which saves me alot on buying a trailor aswell :).

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just starting small business, and im wanting to know if this machine will be fine. Each site is 2 acres, so how long will it take for me to do each one ?. I worked out about 2 hours a site.

If you're working 2 hrs per site that would be about right but as others have said they're to many variables to be able to tell. The mower, the operator, is there a home on the property, are there trees and other obstacles, are you doing any trimming, edging and so on. If you do all the above you would IMO be looking at closer to 3hrs.

A 42" is rated at 2 acres per 2 hours of continuous cut without the above mentioned.

Choose the Right Deck Size

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I use Dixie Choppers with my bussiness we use 2 3366 Xcalibers. In a commercial lot mostly open with both mowers running we do 8 acres an hour. One of the biggest things to consider in how long it takes you is drive time to the site, load and unload time. I started with a DC silver eagle 2750 it was great for residential