Export thread

Will it never end

C

Cocoloco

2 of the 4 engine mount bolts have vanished.
I think I can get a kit and replace them
3 are accessible 1 is not that bolt is going to be interesting to replace might just torque it if I can get a spanner on it.

B

Bertrrr

Don't know of a KIT to replace engine mounting bolts,,,,,,,if there are any remaining , take one to the auto parts and find a matching bolt or bolts and replace them , if they vibrated out, you may have other issues as well. I've had to customize wrenches when there is no other way to get at bolts / nuts etc.

C

Cocoloco

Thanks for the reply.
I found a part number and sourced them on a web site recommended on this site,

HUSTLER 119539 - ENGINE BOLT KIT 4 bolts washers with locktite on the threads.​

I will have to disconnect the engine drive belt tensioner for one of them the other 3 look accessible.

StarTech

StarTech

Boy that is a heck of a price for four 3/8-16 x 1.25 Flange head bolts and three washers.

Here I use 3/8-16 x 1.25 Grade 8 Serrated Flange head bolts. and torque to 46 ft-lbs. Add blue Loctite if you are worried about bolts coming loose again. And I sell them to my customers for under $1.50 each and not $51 for four and three washers. What a rip off.

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

Thanks for the reply.
I found a part number and sourced them on a web site recommended on this site,

HUSTLER 119539 - ENGINE BOLT KIT 4 bolts washers with locktite on the threads.​

I will have to disconnect the engine drive belt tensioner for one of them the other 3 look accessible.
I tighten and replace engine mounting bolts for customers several times each year. They never seem to realize the engine is loose.

C

Cocoloco

Boy that is a heck of a price for four 3/8-16 x 1.25 Flange head bolts and three washers.

Here I use 3/8-16 x 1.25 Grade 8 Serrated Flange head bolts. and torque to 46 ft-lbs. Add blue Loctite if you are worried about bolts coming loose again. And I sell them to my customers for under $1.50 each and not $51 for four and three washers. What a rip off.
Sir I have been trying to find the specs of those bolts for days.Thank you now to find someone here that carrys them.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Many times when an engine has been loose the bolt holes in the aluminum gets wallowed out a bit just tightening with locktite won't keep them tight. Some engines have enough material I can just drill and tap to the next size. Some I put in inserts and use locktite. If your engine comes loose with the new bolts might want to have a plan B

StarTech

StarTech

Many times when an engine has been loose the bolt holes in the aluminum gets wallowed out a bit just tightening with locktite won't keep them tight. Some engines have enough material I can just drill and tap to the next size. Some I put in inserts and use locktite. If your engine comes loose with the new bolts might want to have a plan B
True and I have done it a few JD ZTRs.

C

Cocoloco

replaced all 4 with new bolts from hardware store. Blue Locktite and 50lb/ft torque another load to bolts to check every week month.

B

Bertrrr

That's using your head dude

J

Joed756

Sir I have been trying to find the specs of those bolts for days.Thank you now to find someone here that carrys them.
They are a normal hardware item, buy them anywhere.

C

Cocoloco

They are a normal hardware item, buy them anywhere.
yep local hardware place