wide stance dual-fork, four wheels

greatriver

Forum Newbie
Threads
I run a GH 930d, front mount 72" power lift, w a 15b powervac grass catcher on back. Looking for anyone running the wide stance tail w dual forks and the four tail wheels. I have the wide stance w two wheels, and i get flats on the pneumatics from side wall stress and after going to solid tires on both the front and tail, i just had a solid tail wheel hub break loose from the wheel, taking out the bearings, races, etc. No unusual weight in the catcher, and i am only 175lbs. I work it on groomed estate turf on moderately hilly terrain w occasional hidden divots and am wondering about changing to the wide dual forks w/ four tail wheels. Dealer and area rep say no one around here is running it so cannot comment. Wondering how does it perform, handle, how is extra width, turning drag, support and turf damage, turning, hillsides, etc? any ideas on pros and cons?

scott

Huserfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have thais 4wheel set up on a 725D. Had the same problem of a broken fork on a previously own 725 Gas with the two wheel wide stance rear set up. The 4 wheel rear set up is sturdier, turns easily, doesn’t damage turf with the extra f location, reduces compaction and carries weight of the power flow tank more effectively. I wouldn’t switch back, especially with the heavier weight of the Diesel engine.