why not this

LandN

Threads
IF lawnmower ''dealers'' fight for market share, then i think the dealers could load up their company trucks with sample mowers and go through neighborhoods and offer free demo cuts and 'trial uses' for the homeowners and maybe sell more mowers.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
IF lawnmower ''dealers'' fight for market share, then i think the dealers could load up their company trucks with sample mowers and go through neighborhoods and offer free demo cuts and 'trial uses' for the homeowners and maybe sell more mowers.

Interesting concept but I think the liability issue would discourage that. I would say abput 60% of the push type mowers sold in this area come from the big box stores and places like Sears, I don't think dealers that sell power equipment get much market share.

LandN

Threads
Interesting concept but I think the liability issue would discourage that. I would say abput 60% of the push type mowers sold in this area come from the big box stores and places like Sears, I don't think dealers that sell power equipment get much market share.

the day before our last big big snowstorm i walked in my john dear dealer and picked up a scraper bar and 2 skid shoes and while there i looked at all the 'new' snowblowers on the floor(john deere,toro honda) and then left for home.the next day 'after' the big storm i went back to the dealer for a issue i had, and while there i noticed he sold all the snowblowers in one day(except the hondas) boy the dealer made out nice then...i asked about the left over hondas and he said the people just didn't want to drop the big bucks on them.but other than that not one snowblower was left:thumbsup:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
the day before our last big big snowstorm i walked in my john dear dealer and picked up a scraper bar and 2 skid shoes and while there i looked at all the 'new' snowblowers on the floor(john deere,toro honda) and then left for home.the next day 'after' the big storm i went back to the dealer for a issue i had, and while there i noticed he sold all the snowblowers in one day(except the hondas) boy the dealer made out nice then...i asked about the left over hondas and he said the people just didn't want to drop the big bucks on them.but other than that not one snowblower was left:thumbsup:

It baffles me sometimes why so many people put off purchasing things they may need like a snowblower or generator until there is an emergency situation and they gotta have one, and usually end up paying top dollar for them then....:confused2: