White's Auto Ranger 5hp with reverse garden tiller

Bohunk

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / White's Auto Ranger 5hp with reverse garden tiller
This is the most I have read yeat on the White's Ranger tiller . Just would like to read more . Just a bit of clarity White's Auto was a similar company just like Wester Auto . Not the same company. The must have went out of business in the early 70's. My family showed at White's when I was a kid . I have purchased this old machine and would like more info on it . Thank you .

POW123

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is the most I have read yeat on the White's Ranger tiller . Just would like to read more . Just a bit of clarity White's Auto was a similar company just like Wester Auto . Not the same company. The must have went out of business in the early 70's. My family showed at White's when I was a kid . I have purchased this old machine and would like more info on it . Thank you .
Whites Home and Auto ended operations in 1984. The last stores were in Bexar County Texas to be closed. They sold out to Western Auto and gained all their warehouse inventory in the purchase. The White Ranger Tiller came with a 5hp Briggs and Straton Engine. The tiller was reversible unit that could dig 7 to 9 inches into to the soil. It was a reliable tiller, but if you didn't have the muscle strength you are not going to operate it. It was a heavy-duty unit. The biggest issue was the small belt at the rear. The reason for the issue is due to the fact that some folks who bought the Ranger would remove the belt jump guard once that was done the belt would slip off and get tangled and torn in the splines. By doing this they had a hard time making the belt adjustment.