which Scag zero turn

Unforgiven

Forum Newbie
Threads
Currently have a Scag Tiger Cub 48" and looking to get something a little bigger, either a 61" or 66". Just mow for personal use, which is a farm. Will more than likely buy a used one, would like a new one but not sure can justify the price. The problem with used ones is don't really have that many for sale around me. Been looking at some Tiger Cats, Turf Tigers. Wanting something that has plenty of power and handles hillsides. What are the differences between say the Turf Tiger and Turf Tiger II? One thing I want is something that does not slide very easy. Not sure if there is something wrong with my Tiger Cub but it wants to slide and break traction real easy on flat ground even on blacktop. Not sure if it is because it's a light machine or something wrong.
On craigslist in my area, there is a pair of 2018 Turf Tigers 72" with 173 and 155 hours for 9500 each. How good of a price is that?

Last edited:

Dwellonroof

Threads
maybe lower your tire pressure, my Turf Tiger will slide on hills especially when wet I have AT101 tires.

Mower King

Threads
Put some Reaper tires on 'em....they hang on as good as anything!

Unforgiven

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have tried lowering the tire pressure with no luck. Now I think I have a wheel motor going out, not because of the sliding but the way it is acting. Had to replace one recently due to it slipping. But it does seem that the side with the new wheel motor does better as far as sliding.