Which is the best place to buy plants?

arslant001

Threads
Hi guys, I want to purchase plants for my lawn. Can anyone suggest to me which is the best place where you can buy plants?

TonyPrin

Threads
I see you're asking the best place where I can buy plants. I have several favorite sources, but I suspect you're more interested in where you can buy plants. ;) Given that I don't know where you are, that's not an easy question to answer. I can tell you big box stores (such as HD, Lowes, and Walmart) often have a good selection of non-woody plants at competitive prices. If you're looking for non-woody plants, those are good places to get started. If you're actually looking to source shrubs, bushes, or trees (woody plants), I find local nurseries seem to have a better selection of larger and healthier plants. That's important to me because planting shrubs bushes and trees is difficult enough without having to deal with plant issues.

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I'll say one thing, always check with a local nursery before you buy from a retailer. The Lowe's here in my town wanted $4.99 for a Bonnie beefsteak tomato plant, went to the local nursery up the road, beefsteak tomato plant, $2.98 and locally grown in Texas.