Where do you blow it?

Stevie-Ray

Threads
You must mean pretty far north, maybe the UP....? I remember driving up there in the middle of the winter for my job, traveled all over the state, what I could never get used to was seeing people's driveways that were often open trenches with snow piled up six to seven feet at the ends of the drive...I like to clear snow, but would never enjoy getting THAT much....:eek:
Naw, I'm Downriver, south of Detroit. Our city property gets that high simply because if we get several snows without a rise in temperature it piles up to huge banks. A couple years ago, it seemed were were getting a few inches every day for a week or two with temps in the teens. That doesn't allow for the banks to shrink at all, giving the street an almost tunnel-like feel. My northern property is on the Lake Huron side near AuSable. My brother lives 10 miles south of it and gets a lot of lake-effect. I know what you mean about the UP, as my family is from there and I still have relatives from St. Ignace west to Gladstone and north to Sault Ste. Marie. I have a picture somewhere of my Grandfather standing on his driveway resting on a shovel with the snow on both sides of him about 10 feet high. If you're not a serious snowmobiler, it's best to stay away. You can die up there really easy.