Wheeled snow shovel

Twinkle

Threads
I just came across this non electric snow shovel. I know it would be pretty useless for those with a lot of the white stuff but is it worthwhile for lighter loads?

indypower

Threads
It does state for 24" of snow. I kinda have my doubts about that. $119 plus shipping. It might be good for about 6" snow. Did you watch the vid? He pushes it and gets to the end of the drive, then flips it. That would work for the first storm, then the snowbank would be too high. But, if you want a good workout in the winter, it looks like it will do that. It would not be good for my sidewalk. 2ft wide and ends at the house. Where am I going to flip it to at the end? Just a useless gimmick.

minkyung

Threads
That shovel is very good. It needs only legwork and arm work. Ordinary shovel makes your body ache because you must bend a lot. You also lift the weight of the snow. This shovel, the wheel carries the weight and you don't need to bend a lot.

Twinkle

Threads
You both make good points. I think perhaps it would be good for those with back issues and less snow to deal with, perhaps just a path or something. The video looked like a school project!

Honey

Threads
That looks interesting but I am not so certain it would be practical for where I live. I think maybe it would be better if it were a bit smaller.

demhustler

Threads
That shovel is very good. It needs only legwork and arm work. Ordinary shovel makes your body ache because you must bend a lot. You also lift the weight of the snow. This shovel, the wheel carries the weight and you don't need to bend a lot.

it has design flaw - in revues of this product (brand) people say - it good suited for throwing forward, not sideways - so working across wide driveway - ok, but not for long and narrow sidewalks

you can look on youtube - there are many other brands with similar idea and without this flaw - scoop can rotate along the axle and be good for throwing forward as well as sideways - good for wide and narrow areas

Attachments

• 41sG5RStHaL__SS400_01.jpg
    41sG5RStHaL__SS400_01.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 6