What's your experience with zero-turn mower warranties?

Lica

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / What's your experience with zero-turn mower warranties?
I'm looking to buy a zero turn and am a bit nervous about something breaking and putting me in the hole. What is your experience with using the warranty on any of your zero-turn mowers? Any brands that have given you a hard time about trying to use it? Are any companies good at actually honoring it and replacing or servicing when things break? Aside from personal experience, what have you heard from others?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
For the most part I have had good luck as a dealer with companies honoring their warranties, providing that you follow the guidelines to a T, and not try to claim warranty on things that are clearly not warranty, and especially for items that are specifically called out as not being covered, such as blades, belts, tires, battery, seat, stale, contaminated fuel, etc.

Also be aware that the mower OEM doesn't cover the engine or the drives, they will have their own warranty through that manufacturer, such as Hydrogear, Briggs, Kohler Kawasaki.

Lica

Forum Newbie
Threads
For the most part I have had good luck as a dealer with companies honoring their warranties, providing that you follow the guidelines to a T, and not try to claim warranty on things that are clearly not warranty, and especially for items that are specifically called out as not being covered, such as blades, belts, tires, battery, seat, stale, contaminated fuel, etc.

Also be aware that the mower OEM doesn't cover the engine or the drives, they will have their own warranty through that manufacturer, such as Hydrogear, Briggs, Kohler Kawasaki.
Thanks. That gives me some relief.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Having worked with many dealers and manufacturers, I’ve learned that the reputation of the dealer has a lot to do with how easy or hard it can be getting warranty service. Good dealers make it easier for customers to get good warranty service, while dealers who have poor reputations can make it harder for customers to resolve problems. Example, I’ve worked with and had a good repore with the the Kohler service department for over 35 years and because of the dealers I’ve worked for were respected I’ve been able to get customers a short block for Courage engines even though their engine is more than 5 years out of the recall guidelines. On the other side I know dealers who can’t get warranty service on good brand name units, even though they are only 1 month out of warranty. One dealer was requested to send in damaged parts for inspection before warranty would be honored. The service rep told me he sent in parts form a different engine that didn’t go with the customers engine. Warranty denied because he could supply parts requested. Final word, purchase from a good dealer is always in your best interest and do your research on dealers as well as brands.