kk.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 22

Sergio G

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have to overlap cut by 10-12" :mad::mad:

olgeezershonda

Threads
If this was just cut it looks quite long. What's the mower height set at? Trying to cut too tall perhaps and not getting good lift? Trying to cut too fast and engine speed too slow? Blade up side down?

Last edited:

Sergio G

Forum Newbie
Threads
mower is set to the highest setting 4"
HRC216 commercial mower is running perfect at top speed and blades are not upside down,LOL
Thank you for the response.
I ordered new blades from honda dealer, gonna try that???????

olgeezershonda

Threads
Weird things happen so I had to ask LOL. I get why cutting high is desired during the heat, I've done it myself, but my results looked just like your photos and I wasn't too pleased either. You could experiment by making a few passes at a lower cut heights and see if the results improve and go from there.

Threads
mower is set to the highest setting 4"
HRC216 commercial mower is running perfect at top speed and blades are not upside down,LOL
Thank you for the response.
I ordered new blades from honda dealer, gonna try that???????
That is a very long grass, so the wheel presses it flat as you pass, especially if its damp. Back cut it (return the opposite way for a second pass), and overlap your path.

Why did you conclude that you need a new blade?

Last edited:

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wrong blades too short.

dfbrown

Threads
My hrc216 cuts really bad. leaves a row of uncut grass
Any help would be appreciated.
Her are a few suggestions. Make sure blades are sharp and the end of the blades are NOT rounded at all. The outside 1” of the blade tip does most of the work. Blade sharpening angle 30 degrees. Make sure rpm on engine is at least to specs. 3,100 +/- 50 RPMwith blades spinning. Deck clean. Grass dry. Taking approximately 1/3 of total height. So if you cut at 4” deck height. Your grass should NOT be higher then 6” to mulch. Slow your speed down too. if you follow these you should have zero problems. Good luck.