What's a fair price?

bullet bob

Threads
That same machine on a dealers lot might also have a delivery charge and sales tax! Show your neighbors wife a couple of print outs from comparable units you find on the internet and let her come back with a price. If she is liquidating......you are helping her. She probably would get less from a estate auction or a yard sale. When she gives you a price, bump it up $100 and make her feel good. She is your neighbor's wife.
That's an excellent idea, 'cept that the wifes' in a nursing home. I'm talking with the son. Father & son were not 'tight'. Think when the time comes, I'll throw a figure of 5K out. I could live with myself for that. And yes, mower's always been garaged.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have the seller start the pricing war. They should be happy around the stated price.

bullet bob

Threads
Thanks. That's kinda what I'm thinking too. Life's too short to squabble over a few $$$.

afphinfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hope this worked out for you and sounds like you were trying to help a grieving family out which is kind of you. I have one of these and would love to find a second one near me for that price. Here in Alabama, its fairly impossible to find Ferris anything.