What Zero Turn mower to buy

juddoats

Forum Newbie
Threads
I currently mow about 2 acres but would like to expand my yard...spoiled right now borrowing my dads 72" Dixie Chopper...what will be the overall best mower that is zero turn and 72" cut?
Not looking to buy a cheap mower that wont last me
thanks
Judd

Black Bart

Threads
I currently mow about 2 acres but would like to expand my yard...spoiled right now borrowing my dads 72" Dixie Chopper...what will be the overall best mower that is zero turn and 72" cut?
Not looking to buy a cheap mower that wont last me
thanks
Judd
Judd I have a saying that applies here.

THEIR ARE TWO KINDS OF PEOPLE THAT OWN MOWERS
THOSE WHO OWN JOHN DEERS AND THOSE THAT WISH THAT THEY DID
:biggrin:

Seriously buy from a local dealer with a good reputation if you are going to keep it for years.

You have the right idea those cheaper mowers will need replacing in a few years and if you try to sell it you will need to nearly give it away.

Resale is why I would never buy a low hours John Deere it will cost the same as what you could buy a new one for they have a very high resale value.

I bought my 430 JD when it was 4 years old but got a good deal on it.
It is now 26 years old and I have been offered what I paid for it 22 years ago. :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Try that with MTD or CADET :laughing:

juddoats

Forum Newbie
Threads
is a 430 JD a lawn mower or a Tractor? I am wanting a zero turn lawn mower and when I google 430 JD it pulls up tractors

Black Bart

Threads
is a 430 JD a lawn mower or a Tractor? I am wanting a zero turn lawn mower and when I google 430 JD it pulls up tractors
You don't want a 430 JD it is a huge lawn tractor I only mentioned it because of what I had been offered to illustrate how the resale value is for a JD.

Are you looking for a gas or diesel.

juddoats

Forum Newbie
Threads
gas mower is what I am looking for

Parkmower

Threads
I run a Husqvarna PZ 7234. 72" cut 34 hp Kawasaki. Only have about 40 hrs on it. This is its first cutting season. So far love it. Plenty of power. Cost about $11k. I work for a government agency so we prob got discount.

Black Bart

Threads
I have no idea what dealer are near to you but I have the Grasshopper 725 72" deck with water cooled Kubota and it has been very good mower.

Biggest draw back is it is 12 feet long so while it is a ZTR it needs a lot of room to turn.
These work best for open area mowing, If you have any tight places in your lawn then a mid mount would be much better.

Mtn.Mike

Threads
I've had a Cub Cadet Commercial 72" cut called the "Tank" for over 3 years now and it certainly lives up to its name. I mow more that 4 acres with it and most of it isn't very level. It has a 37 hp. Kawasaki and so far I've been very pleased with the mower.
When I bought it I had looked a several other Z turns but I got the best deal on the Tank. It sells for around 10 grand but that's still less then the other commercial mowers I looked at.

Mike :thumbsup: