What to do

Tundrapup

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need some help deciding. I'm looking at a Hustler Raptor HD a Gravely ZTXL or a Bad Boy ZT Elite all with Kawasaki engine all 48" deck. The BB has bigger tires heavier deck next level up in axles but was told to stay away from them. Explanation was I don't need anything bigger then the 2800 axles, its longer then others and something about handles being round with no slots to stay parked. Please give your input as I don't see any without some less then perfect reviews.
Hello and thank you to all

100 td

Threads
Lots to consider depending on your use and thickness of your wallet, most is personal choice. Bigger diameter wheels slightly smooth out bumps in rough ground, but in the scheme of things may not be particularly noticeable, 2800 and 3100 both have external oil filters for ease of maintenance. BB has nearly twice the thickness deck, and a lot heavier machine overall, weighs ~160 lbs more than the other two, whether this is a plus or a minus depends on your use. The chute lift on the BB would disappear around my trees, it is probably removable. Base engine hp higher in BB, then ZT then Raptor. When cutting long grass going slow, there can be a slight advantage with higher hp. (All the same engines, different carbs) The BB will use slightly more fuel, may not be a consideration for general use, but commercial use worth factoring in. Optional electric deck lift on BB. Check out the seats, what do feel more comfortable in or what moulds to you better. Parts prices, same engine, same drive, so only deck/frame to consider, probably not a big one to worry about. Warranty differences, I haven't looked. YMMV. Whats the price point of each, how many acres/what type of ground do have you have to mow, do you need/want a bagger? I'm sure others will chime in with more info.

Tundrapup

Forum Newbie
Threads
I like the smoothing the ride with the bigger tire. I thought lawn was mostly flat but I tried my sons zero turn and can tell the yard is less then level. Fuel is not an issue less than an acre with a couple trees and a fence line. There all more then I need but only want to buy one more mower. With the discounts for first responders and vets they all come out to the same price give of take. I'm getting tired of fixing the one I have to cut the grass every time I need it. I guess I'm mainly looking for mechanical/ cut issues. Thanks for your reply

SHB

Threads
I have a Bad Boy with a Koehler engine, it’s built like a tank. If you have hilly ground to mow the weight will work to your advantage, just remember you can get into serious trouble combining speed and lateral travel on slopes. A fabricated deck (as opposed to stamped) is a plus if there is debris where you mow as it won’t get bent out of shape. I replaced the turf tires on our Bad Boy with lugged tires, better traction in uneven terrain / hills.