What spring do I need?

Martini

Member
Craftsman Model: 247.37031

Briggs and Stratton Model: 126M02-6863-F1

The light, almost fully stretched spring in the pic is a spring from a pen. I lost the original spring last year which was much lighter. The mower makes a backfire sound sometimes when shutting off and I'm wondering if it's due to the wrong spring being on there.


In the replacement parts list in the link below, the only springs are the choke return spring (which I believe is the heavier spring in the pic) and a spring detent (which looks like a small internal part).

Any help would be appreciated.


https://shop.briggsandstratton.com/...2-6863-F1/Carburetor/126M026863F1/103320003/y
 

Attachments

  • 20190712_195241.jpg
    20190712_195241.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 12
Can you please take another look at the pic I took? The spring I need replaced is the one the one that was in the place of the pen spring now on the mower (the one almost all the way stretched). The heavier spring in the pic I do not need and looks like the choke return spring you're recommending. The spring I lost was very light.
 
you are very welcome!
for future reference or any other problems CHOKE SPRING 2.jpg

the tab circled in yellow, you can bend it outwards with some pliers to increase engine speed.
:biggrin:
 
That is same engine that do not want to start --the other post.I see U got lot good info,and still no start.From pic,s springs are all mess-up.What is compression on that engine?Dan
 
Back
Top