What is your preferred method of mowing: mulch, bag, side discharge ?

Mulch, bag or side discharge ?

• Mulch

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Bag

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Side discharge

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / What is your preferred method of mowing: mulch, bag, side discharge ?
You must be mowin' dead grass or sellin' ZTR mulch kits :laughing:
I would like to mulch exclusively, but I have experienced the exact opposite on my lawn tractors and push mowers. Mulching turns the grass clippings into a paste that clings to the deck and builds up like crazy. So, I side discharge. If I get behind on mowing and there are visible grass clippings left on the lawn I will give them a day or two to dry out then go back over with the mulch plate and the deck raised a notch. Mulching also works great for leaf cleanup in the fall. I don't bag because I don't want a pile of dead grass and leaves, and the city is pretty slack when it comes to collecting yard waste.

LOL....I've been accused of selling Gravely's because I love mine & recommend them a lot to users looking to buy, and as many times as I have praised the Gravely mulch kit I should be getting a royalty check from Gravely:0)
Maybe it's the dominant grass in Michigan vs here in TN(mine is mostly fescue, some clover with a little crabgrass thrown in). I'm gonna work on getting rid of the crabgrass and clover this coming fall(although I like the idea of having a little clover to keep the honey bees happy:0)

D

DSepe

• / What is your preferred method of mowing: mulch, bag, side discharge ?
LOL....I've been accused of selling Gravely's because I love mine & recommend them a lot to users looking to buy, and as many times as I have praised the Gravely mulch kit I should be getting a royalty check from Gravely:0) Maybe it's the dominant grass in Michigan vs here in TN(mine is mostly fescue, some clover with a little crabgrass thrown in). I'm gonna work on getting rid of the crabgrass and clover this coming fall(although I like the idea of having a little clover to keep the honey bees happy:0)
We joked about Djdicetn secretly being paid by gravely before. He is the mulch king here I might have to test mulching blades because of him. I agree with keeping some clover...I have a huge patch the honey bees love to make use of.