What do I need to fix (now)?

mjbuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
My neighbor asked if I could trim the edge of his grass yesterday because his mower was in the shop and it was getting quite long. It was a simple job, small area and all. Asked him if there was anything in the grass I needed to know about before mowing. "No" he said. A minute later I hit a cable dog leash and my mower stopped just like that. Now, when I push up the lever to engage the blades to cut, there is nothing. There is not tension on the lever at all. I'm in the middle of a busy week and won't have time to dissect it and determine what broke, so I thought I would post it hear to end the suspense. What do I need to fix now? And by "now" I mean it is one thing after another with this mower and my bad luck. Sorry, forgot to mention the mower. Craftsman 42-inch, 2002 model.

Last edited:

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
My neighbor asked if I could trim the edge of his grass yesterday because his mower was in the shop and it was getting quite long. It was a simple job, small area and all. Asked him if there was anything in the grass I needed to know about before mowing. "No" he said. A minute later I hit a cable dog leash and my mower stopped just like that. Now, when I push up the lever to engage the blades to cut, there is nothing. There is not tension on the lever at all. I'm in the middle of a busy week and won't have time to dissect it and determine what broke, so I thought I would post it hear to end the suspense. What do I need to fix now? And by "now" I mean it is one thing after another with this mower and my bad luck.

A similar post in the last few days was a thrown drive belt.

Nice story on details of what happened...not so much on what type of mower. I am guessing it is belt drive.