What a mess

greggn

Member
I wondered why she wouldn't start . A little trash in the bowl. The 2 holes in the boss for the jet were plugged and the one in the jet plugged as well. Nothing that Berryman's won't clean.A little fuel, few hits on the primer and she is up and running on the FIRST pull .:biggrin: 001.jpg
 
I wondered why she wouldn't start . A little trash in the bowl. The 2 holes in the boss for the jet were plugged and the one in the jet plugged as well. Nothing that Berryman's won't clean.A little fuel, few hits on the primer and she is up and running on the FIRST pull .:biggrin: View attachment 33854

Yes, a mess! A search turned up this post, so I will ask a related question here. I recently went though the same issue with an old mower that is notorious for such clogging. When I put it together, though, it would barely fire. Some experimentation made me realize that when I screwed the bowl nut in, the two jet holes were below the boss on the bottom of carb body, By screwing it in the right amount to have one jet hole line up with a slot in the boss, it similarly fired on the first pull and runs fine. Is this normal? Or did I screw things in too tight? Thanks for any advice!
 
Back
Top