what a day

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
i don't normally do work on saturday, but made an exception today.
A customer/neighbor called and basically said "the mower deck just ain't working"
So i grab my go bag and head over there.
come to find out, almost every keeper pin and retainer was missing or almost broken. the front lift rod that goes from the front of the deck to a bracket (MTD/troybilt pony), the 2 nuts on it were gone. and the left spindle mounting screws were loose.
This was very very odd to me.
after a trip to the hardware store, to get two 1/2-13 nuts for the lift rod, and some retainers i had everything in place like it should have been. fired it up, engaged the blades.....no wonder everything was loose this sucker is vibrating like no bodies business.... one of those vibrations that make your hands and feet numb... blades were severely worn, with a chunk missing , so probably out of balance, spindle bearing were shot too.
so an afternoon full deck rebuild (new bearings in the spindles,blades,belt) was completed and its mowing smooooth now.
the owner din't think it was vibrating "that bad" and was hoping to "finish the season"
the mower would probably be finished before the season was if they kept on mowing with it!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Brand new Troybilt edger that has a plastic pulley and ribbed belt to drive the edger shaft/blade. Pulley melted in the first hour of use and what started out as a simple disassembly to replace the pulley resulted in the 1/4 bolt breaking off in the shaft and Oh by the way it has locktite on it. Drilled the bolt. heated the shaft and still will not release. So adding a new shaft and bolt to the pulley and belt replacement under warranty.