What A Bite!

johnc

Forum Newbie
Threads
KennyV - I was referring to the axle shear pin and not the auger. It wasn't until I read your post that I realized how screwed up my blower/manual is.

I received two "ring pin" tpye shear pins for the blower to be used for the auger. Of course ring pins won't work on the auger but bolts will and that's what came with the blower.

The manual doesn't reference any shear pins for the wheel hubs but it came with a ring pin for the right wheel and there was a bolt through the left wheel'

The manual says that if the wheels won't go to remove housing (nothing about shear pins) and adjust chain, friction wheel etc. This happened to me so I took of the housing and was looking to see what adjustment needed ro be done when I noticed a broken bolt that fell on the garage floor. This bolt went through the axle and acted as another shear pin that broke before the wheel shear pin - not a good design! Of course there was no mention of this bolt in the manual or shown in one of the schematics. I replaced the axle bolt with a harder one and hope the wheel shear pin works as it's suppose to. Why there was a bolt in the left wheel instead of a shear pin is a mystery as this was a new blower.