Weird noise when starting Murray rider found and solved

wilburn cox

Threads
  • / Weird noise when starting Murray rider found and solved
On 9/12/2018 I posted that when starting my Murray rider there was a weird sound which I could not locate. Several of you mad suggestions and I sincerely appreciate each one. I checked all cables, grounds and everything that was suggested. Applied liquid electrical tape after determining it was not cables, ground and etc. I removed the starter and did as one suggested in checking it. The starter was dragging. took starter to repair shop this AM and instead of having it repaired I just bought a new one for $70.00. All is well now.
I appreciate each of you for offering suggestions and as always have a fantastic day.
Wilburn "Red" Cox

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
On 9/12/2018 I posted that when starting my Murray rider there was a weird sound which I could not locate. Several of you mad suggestions and I sincerely appreciate each one. I checked all cables, grounds and everything that was suggested. Applied liquid electrical tape after determining it was not cables, ground and etc. I removed the starter and did as one suggested in checking it. The starter was dragging. took starter to repair shop this AM and instead of having it repaired I just bought a new one for $70.00. All is well now.
I appreciate each of you for offering suggestions and as always have a fantastic day.
Wilburn "Red" Cox

Thanks for your update "Red" glad to know you're up N running, don't be a stranger, you don't have to need help to just visit .. :thumbsup:

wilburn cox

Threads
Thanks for your update "Red" glad to know you're up N running, don't be a stranger, you don't have to need help to just visit .. :thumbsup:
thanks Boobala. I check the forum almost daily when not busy. I Learn a lot and as said I appreciate all who contribute. Have fun. Red