We all run on used parts....

Castleford

Threads
This was a saying of a buddy of mine. I don't think he was talking about machines though...
Any way I was mowing my lawn this morning and the engine (v twin kohler courage) started surging/popping/dying.
Limped back to the garage and started looking, fuel came first figured it was starved and the fuel pump was new last year.
Could it have kakked so quickly? As I still had the old one I switched them .
Started and ran like a champ...the pump probably was original to the mower, 10 years old.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
This was a saying of a buddy of mine. I don't think he was talking about machines though...
Any way I was mowing my lawn this morning and the engine (v twin kohler courage) started surging/popping/dying.
Limped back to the garage and started looking, fuel came first figured it was starved and the fuel pump was new last year.
Could it have kakked so quickly? As I still had the old one I switched them .
Started and ran like a champ...the pump probably was original to the mower, 10 years old.
I have to ask...why did you replace the original?

Castleford

Threads
I thought it would be preventative maintenance, as I was installing a inline fuel filter and a shutoff valve
as part of the carburetor cleaning/adjustment and as the price of the pump was modest enough it seemed like cheap insurance.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's good planning. Did you replace the pump with an OEM pump or a parts house or a Chinese replica?

Don't give up on preventative maintenance, even though this time it may have caused the very problem you were hoping to avoid.

Castleford

Threads
It was a Chinese knockoff.My next one won't be, maybe from Uzbekistan the next time?
No, I'm pricing one from Kohler next time!