Walker Suspension Seat

walkerfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got a fairly bumpy yard and 2 acres to cut and after 4 hours, my back is killing me. The Walker suspension seat is extremely pricey but I found a seat that a lot of other mower users rave about. Its a Michigan Highback Suspension seat, Model # V-5300 and Northern Tool has them on for $329.99.

Anyone fit one on a Walker MDGHS or a MTGHS machine? The seat measurements are 18 1/2" W x 22 1/2" D x 23 1/2" H. It looks really tight but I'm hoping its doable.

walkerfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, I finally bit the bullet and installed the suspension seat and its great. I cut down my cutting time substantially and can do my yard in 3 hours now due to the extra comfort allowing me to go faster on the rougher areas. My old back and rear end sure like it.

Its a Michigan Highback Suspension seat Model# V-5300 and it was on sale at Northern Tool for $329.99. I installed it on my 2005 Walker MD GHS mower. The seat bolt pattern is 11"L x 11 1/2"W and the rear holes on the Walker were fine for the seat but I had to drill new holes in the Walker Front Body for the front seat studs. The seat has a Normally Open (NO) switch and that matches the Walker elect system. I just removed the Walker switch, spliced a few lengths of wire and connected it up with a pair of automotive type female connectors. With the seat all the way back it still interferes with bringing the steering levers into full reverse so I slipped a short length of split rad hose around the lower end of the steering levers and that gives me more reverse but not full reverse. I will be replacing the rad hose with a thicker diameter hose and that will give me full reverse as there is room on the Front Body steering lever oval cutouts for more travel.

Kinda wish I had done this a few years ago.