Versa loader

toro5xi

Threads
Hello all

I am looking for some feedback on the versa loader. I know the lifting capability is somewhat limited at 500 lbs but has anyone had any real world experience.
I am mostly needing to load a pick up truck with top soil and mulch. Will also need to be able to use in some tight spaces which is why I am leaning towards the ventrac.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

JackIL

Threads
I have a Versa-Loader and can vouch for it. It is perfectly suited for loading the mulch and topsoil you describe. I primarily use it with the pallet fork attachment to which I have added a grapple. I also use it with the standard bucket to support a vertical trimmer called a Samurai Sabre. You can see photos of these on my gallery section of the Ventrac Top Fan testimonials.
Jack Wiley - Ventrac Top Fan Entry
The loader is easy to mount and detach. It is much easier to mount and detach if you place the loader on a level paved surface.

toro5xi

Threads
Thanks for the information. The pallet forks would really come in handy.

:smile:

Raw Dodge

Threads
Jack, you have more experience here with attachments, so this is mainly at you.. Do you think there's any way I could adapt a steiner loader to a Ventrac? I have a steiner loader... I think that the exhaust may be in the way.. Not sure about front clearance either... Once I get time I'll get the loader home and try it.

JackIL

Threads
Jack, you have more experience here with attachments, so this is mainly at you.. Do you think there's any way I could adapt a steiner loader to a Ventrac? I have a steiner loader... I think that the exhaust may be in the way.. Not sure about front clearance either... Once I get time I'll get the loader home and try it.

I formerly had a Steiner loader and now have the Ventrac, but I don't know if the Steiner loader would work. The front hitch obviously would, but there are questions of clearances and the major question of the rear cross bar location where the loader attaches. Is that geometry the same on both tractors? I don't know. Only a trial fit will answer the question for you. Please let us know what you learn from giving it a try.

Raw Dodge

Threads
I finally gave up on using the steiner loader on the ventrac ...I posted it on Craigslist and in a few hours had someone wanting to trade attachments...so nowi have a very nice steiner stump grinder and a steiner leaf blower....I think it was a good deal for me,we haven't used the loader in 10 years or more... I'm showing some pictures of me trying to fit the loader on the ventrac ,I could have adapted it,but i didn't think it was worth my time,nd then it would be kind of a hybrid and not worth anything.

Last edited:

Raw Dodge

Threads
Here is my attempt...not even lose.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg