valve lash / valve gap

builderpete

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2006 or thereabout briggs & stratton I/C 500cc 15.5hp engine. I need to adjust the valves but cannot get the settings as I can't find the engine nunber. It was on the valve cover but has since worn away. How do I find the correct clearances? Any help would be appreciated. I have tried to google it but get three or four different spec's.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I have a 2006 or thereabout briggs & stratton I/C 500cc 15.5hp engine. I need to adjust the valves but cannot get the settings as I can't find the engine nunber. It was on the valve cover but has since worn away. How do I find the correct clearances? Any help would be appreciated. I have tried to google it but get three or four different spec's.
The model, type and code are stamped on the valve cover on a Briggs engine, they cannot wear away. Anyway, go with .004” and .006” or .005” and .007” intake and exhaust respectively.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The model, type and code are stamped on the valve cover on a Briggs engine, they cannot wear away. Anyway, go with .004” and .006” or .005” and .007” intake and exhaust respectively.
Not wear off persay, but some of those were pin punched which were hard to read when new, and then add in some rust or other factors, and give the appearance of wearing away.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
On top of that some are not fully engraved or laser etched. Sometimes we need an image of the area to end try figure out the numbers.

builderpete

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks I will give them a try.