Valve lash on Briggs 15.5 HP I/C engine. Series 28000

wilburn cox

Well-Known Member
I may be confused which happens a lot.. I just saw a post/thread from someone about setting valves on a 15.5 HP I/C OHV Briggs engine. The gentleman said he set both valves at .004.
I have the same engine on my Murray rider series 28000 and my repair manual shows INTAKE VALVE .003--.005 and EXHAUST VALVE .009--.0011. I was adjusting my valves this morning and decided to search for valve lash numbers on the web. and found those same adjustment numbers.
Which adjustment is correct. I am not an expert but do all of service work on my three mowers.

Any help is appreciated.

Red Cox
 
You need to get into the habit of posting the full/correct model-type-code numbers, if you want to fix your mowers correctly.
 
You need to get into the habit of posting the full/correct model-type-code numbers, if you want to fix your mowers correctly.

My apologies Fish.. Model # 282H07 -----Type # 0196E1 -------Code 058217ZD.. I will try to do better on this..

Red
 
Back
Top