Export thread

V belt number.

Minguen

Minguen

I have Massey Ferguson 2924D with the 3 cylinder diesel daihatsu engine. The fan belt has broken and I can't find a part number for it anywhere. I have downloaded all the parts manuals, gone through them but can't find it listed. Would anyone have an idea of what the number or dimensions of it might be please? I'm in France and will most likely have to get a "pattern part".
Thanks in advance,
Robert.
p.s. The writing on the belt is: SKANA F1037.

R

Rivets

Are you sure you have a daihatsu engine? I’m not finding any units using that engine. Can you post the units model and serial numbers off the ID tag, plus all engine numbers you can find. Fan belt is most often listed under the engine numbers.

StarTech

StarTech

Don't the width of the belts but there is two possible belts

Briggs 821075 940mm (37")
or
Briggs 820893 970mm (38.2")

M

MParr

Briggs and Stratton 952cc 24.5 hp. Engine

M

MParr

Simplicity Part #1718602SM

Minguen

Minguen

Are you sure you have a daihatsu engine? I’m not finding any units using that engine. Can you post the units model and serial numbers off the ID tag, plus all engine numbers you can find. Fan belt is most often listed under the engine numbers.

StarTech

StarTech

Simplicity Part #1718602SM
Those are the PTO belts.

Minguen

Minguen

Yes. It's marked B&S Vanguard but is made by Daihatsu.

StarTech

StarTech

Yes. It's marked B&S Vanguard but is made by Daihatsu.
That is because Briggs simply rebadged the engine as theirs. The Briggs base model is 582400. Now you need to find the type number for the correct parts. Also you will not find the engine's IPL on the Briggs Power Portal (dealer) site.

I am attaching the engine's IPL.

Attachments

• 582400-ms0703-0604-1.pdf
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 6

M

MParr

Those are the PTO belts.
Thanks for clearing that up. The engine manual link shows it in great detail.

Minguen

Minguen

Thank you all for your input. The drawings that Star tec (appropriate name) posted had the v belt length and I went to my local supplier who confirmed that it is a 9.7mm x 8mm x 937mm long belt. Just have to wait for it to arrive as not a stock item. Hopefully up and running next week.
Just waiting for the next problem now!

Minguen

Minguen

Back again. My engine type is 0231-E2, so is that the 970mm belt Star Tech? Is that the outer diameter?

StarTech

StarTech

Back again. My engine type is 0231-E2, so is that the 970mm belt Star Tech? Is that the outer diameter?
It is the OC and no according to the IPL it is the 940mm belt. As the 970mm appears to be only used on the 0225 type number engine.
1685723808578.png

Minguen

Minguen

It is the OC and no according to the IPL it is the 940mm belt. As the 970mm appears to be only used on the 0225 type number engine.
View attachment 64819
Thanks once again.