used GH

Rick Ohio

Forum Newbie
Threads
Local dealer, farm implement, tractors etc. as well as mowers of all kinds. Ferris, kubota dealer

But they have have a GH 721D G2 1000 hrs. 61 inch deck, been on their lot for a while. Have been intending on going to look at it. But first I wanted to know HOW to look at it. !!! LOL! Had been for sale for $5900 , which , after looking around seemed high.
they list it as a 721 D2, on the front it has G2 next to the logo. does this make a difference.?
at Grasshopper they have both 721 D2 and 721 G2 listed in models

Now, however, they are having and annual inventory reduction auction. and it is included in that.
for home use, not loading , unloading on a trailer a little over 4 acres to mow.
Year of mfr.? 2002? part still available? etc.

thoughts?
Thank You
Rick J

Been mowing for years with an old Woods finish 72 inch mower, that is maybe 40 years old, but it has had it. 306 -1

Last edited:

Rick Ohio

Forum Newbie
Threads
Today, I called Grasshopper corp, in Ark. ? got connected to their service dept.

the guy was extremely gracious, and helpfull.
thought a kudu their way would be appropriate

trfcrx7

Forum Newbie
Threads
Today, I called Grasshopper corp, in Ark. ? got connected to their service dept.

the guy was extremely gracious, and helpfull.
thought a kudu their way would be appropriate
Hey Rick. I have been using a Woods Mow'n Machine 6215 since 1998, and it is essentially the Grasshopper 721d model with the Gemini (Eaton) hydro pumps (the generation before the G2). I did have to replace a hydro at around 1000 hours. I replace parts with Grasshopper instead of Woods when applicable because the prices are better. I have heard that the G2 system was much better than the original Gemini hydro system.
There is no comparison between a Woods finish mower on the back of a tractor, and a front mount Grasshopper. I love mine and hope you find one that fits your budget.
Brad