Upgrading Lawn Equipment

bjc

Threads
I am 11 (yes 11 please no grief), and have managed to buy a Toro Timecutter SS5000 50'', a Husqvaurna 28LD trimmer, and a Husqvaurna 25b blower. In the future I am looking to own a big business that is pro, until I go to College. My first question is are the Walker Mowers a better design than the zero turn? Is Husqvaurna competible with Stihl? Is it worth carrying tools around (not a full shop, but a socket and wrech kit, and blades, belts, spark plugs ect.). When I get older What mowers do you reccommend me to buy? I want to get like a 70'',60'',50'', and a 40'' zero turns (on different trailers of course), and push mowers, trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers. Thank You:smile:

Lawnranger

Threads
Is it worth carrying tools around (not a full shop, but a socket and wrech kit, and blades, belts, spark plugs ect.).

I am going to answer your question with a question. If you were miles and miles away from your home and needed to replace a spark plug, would you rather have the tools & parts necessary to complete the job with you at the time or would you want to take extra time to go back and get your tools & parts then drive back to the job site, using all that extra fuel driving those extra miles, just to be able to replace a spark plug?

Think about it for a while and let me know what your answer is.

bjc

Threads
Yes and I do carry oil, belts, spark plugs, blades, and a tool set. I was just wondering what other people did.

Lawnranger

Threads
Yes and I do carry oil, belts, spark plugs, blades, and a tool set. I was just wondering what other people did.

The people who value their time and money do what you and I do - carry the necessary tools & parts to keep their equipment going in case of a minor repair need.

bjc

Threads
I have been pretty lucky. I have only burn't through a belt, and my :smile:ztr handle came loose, so I had to tighten it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am 11 (yes 11 please no grief), and have managed to buy a Toro Timecutter SS5000 50'', a Husqvaurna 28LD trimmer, and a Husqvaurna 25b blower. In the future I am looking to own a big business that is pro, until I go to College. My first question is are the Walker Mowers a better design than the zero turn? Is Husqvaurna compatible with Stihl? Is it worth carrying tools around (not a full shop, but a socket and wrench kit, and blades, belts, spark plugs ect.). When I get older What mowers do you recommend me to buy? I want to get like a 70'',60'',50'', and a 40'' zero turns (on different trailers of course), and push mowers, trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers. Thank You:smile:

To answer your first question, the walker mower is probable the best mower on the market the problem is they also have the highest price tag.

Is Husqvaurna competible with Stihl?

I like the Husqvarna, there a real good piece of equipment but are they compatible or comparable with Stihl, in my book No way. The new technology of the Stihl 4 mix units are unmatched by any other.

Is it worth carrying tools around (not a full shop, but a socket and wrench kit, and blades, belts, spark plugs ect.)

Carrying tools is something that I do, I don't go as far as mower blades and belts but do carry spark plugs edger blades, sand paper, several pair of pliers. I also carry PVC pipe and all the supplies necessary to make repairs to sprinkler systems.

What mowers do you recommend me to buy?

I would recommend going with Standers, the Toro Grandstand or possibly the Wright or Scag. They're more compact so you can get more on the trailer, there more maneuverable and faster than a ztr and can fit in tighter places than a ztr and personally I think they have a better cut than a ztr.

Now with all this said remember these answers are my opinion and others may not have the same.:smile:

Last edited:

txzrider

Threads
I think by the time you need a 70 inch zt... you will have been doing this long enough to tell us all the best way to do things... years ago my girlfriends younger brother had been mowing by your age, from the early 80's to now, he had been doing it over 30 years, has multiple trucks and put himself , his younger brother and I am sure all his kids through college. It sounds like you have made a good start.

bjc

Threads
I live in an area where their are lots of fields, so the bigger, the better