UPDATE - 2021 Bad Boy Maverick - "MISSING" HYDRAULIC RESERVOIRS

Bigrfrado

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / UPDATE - 2021 Bad Boy Maverick - "MISSING" HYDRAULIC RESERVOIRS
Purchased 2021 Elite with Kawasaki engine. It has no reservoirs for hydraulics, but they are to be serviced with oil and filter changes as per owners manual. Learned after purchase that an "after market reservoir kit" is available for approximately $150. It has two tanks, one for each side. I prefer to easily see the "full/add" marks, thus I purchased and installed. But told Bad Boy and the dealer that it should have been part of the original package. Guess I am of the old school,as I don't like sealed systems in most cases. Had too many failed bearing,etc on "sealed systems" and being told it was an improvement. ????
Regards, Gil
Where did you get the kit? I am nearing the 50 hour mark on my Bad Boy and would like to add the kit when I change the hydro oil. I too am old school and usually skeptical about "improvements" that remove necessary parts.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Where did you get the kit? I am nearing the 50 hour mark on my Bad Boy and would like to add the kit when I change the hydro oil. I too am old school and usually skeptical about "improvements" that remove necessary parts.
Oil can be extracted through breather tube on these transaxles. You cannot usually get it all, but it helps. Otherwise, removing unit from mower, and draining it is a lot of work. Many of these are considered “non-serviceable.”

Lawn Addict
Threads
The 2800 HG Units & up are fully servicable w/oil filter on each motor.. Nothing sealed about these.

Now the EZ 2100 & 2200 are the sealed units.

lugbolt

Threads
They are serviceable.

They made "improvements", makes maintenance a little "easier", so they say. For a homeowner, harder but we won't go there. Just like some of the late model 10 speed transmissions with no way to check the oil level. If it ain't leaking, don't screw with it is what they tell us.

Improvements in how long it takes and how much less $$ they spend on materials at the manufacturing level. Less hoses less pipe/tube/hose, less time purging after it's actually built/tested, etc.