Turing on a Walker

scottief

Threads
Just a quick question. I have had a walker mower for 2 years now and I have one customer that has complain about me leaving ruts on his lawn while i turn. Im not sure if its something i'm doing while turning on my walker or if its the fact that his grass is quite thin and seems to be damp/wet every time we cut it. Any tips would be great. He has told me he dosent want me using it on his lawn anymore.

BAMP

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just a quick question. I have had a walker mower for 2 years now and I have one customer that has complain about me leaving ruts on his lawn while i turn. Im not sure if its something i'm doing while turning on my walker or if its the fact that his grass is quite thin and seems to be damp/wet every time we cut it. Any tips would be great. He has told me he dosent want me using it on his lawn anymore.

I'm sorry to tell you But it's You making the ruts in the lawn,not the lawns fault.
And your not the only person doing this.
When you are turning on a walker one wheel needs to roll backwards while the other wheel rolls forward,
You are letting the inside turning wheel pivot on the lawn instead of turning.

scottief

Threads
How do I do this? I know sometimes I am doing it. Im just trying to figure out how i can stop this and how to turn on it properly. Thanks for your help

A_tank96

Threads
How do I do this? I know sometimes I am doing it. Im just trying to figure out how i can stop this and how to turn on it properly. Thanks for your help

Do what this says, but after you go a little left at first, then rotate both wheels, and essentially spin in place, with both wheels moving. This is the correct way to do it. (I think)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 28

scottief

Threads
Thanks for you help. Once all this snow is gone and I can get my mower out I'm going to practice.

BAMP

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes you can turn like the picture shows but why buy a zero turn and not zero turn?doesn't make sense to me.
When your at the end of a line on a lawn and want to turn around for the next line,pull both levers back,one alittle more then the other.
Just need lots of practice.

Pochie

Threads
Hi. It also took me a LONG time to master this. Last year I put many smudges in my lawn/fields. Now, I have mastered it. You cannot speed around. Make sure the inside tire is turning slowly and don't worry about the outside tire as it will turn faster. You cannot be in a hurry. I don't see how anyone can make a fast turn without tearing up some grass, even if it is dry. Another question while I'm here....Where do you "oil" the mandrels at? There are no grease fittings and the manual says to "oil" them? Thanks, Pochie