Turf Tiger voltage

Knots

Threads
Turf Tiger 35 hp briggs
Can any one please give me a couple of normal voltages for the above machine?
1. Voltage at battery when mower is running with deck off?
2. Voltage at battery with deck engaged. and running?
3. Resting voltage on new battery if charged?
4. What should resistance of Ogura clutch be measured at disconnected clutch plug?
Suspect clutch might be bad and clutch is using more than alternator can supply.
Machine will run for a couple of hours and the quit. Also could be that alternator is bad.
Thanks in advance for any info.

Knots

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Turf Tiger 35 hp briggs
4. What should resistance of Ogura clutch be measured at disconnected clutch plug?
Suspect clutch might be bad and clutch is using more than alternator can supply.
Machine will run for a couple of hours and the quit. Also could be that alternator is bad.

Knots
What readings are you getting when you test them on your mower. Normal electric pto clutch resistance should be in the neighborhood of 2.5-3.5 ohms. Normal battery voltage while resting should be 12.3-12.7 in most cases and 13.2-14.2 at the battery while running both with and without the deck running.

Knots

Threads
What readings are you getting when you test them on your mower. Normal electric pto clutch resistance should be in the neighborhood of 2.5-3.5 ohms. Normal battery voltage while resting should be 12.3-12.7 in most cases and 13.2-14.2 at the battery while running both with and without the deck running.
ILENGINE,
Thank you very much…

Knots

Knots

Threads
Another question concerning Scag Turf Tiger 35 hp Briggs.
What should the amperage draw be when clutch is engaged with meter in series with wires feeding clutch? This one measured
15.24 at engagement. Only connected for an instant as I was afraid of cooking my Fluke 88. Resistance at clutch plug measured 000.6. Machine has about 600 hours on it.
Thanks for your help,

Knots

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Another question concerning Scag Turf Tiger 35 hp Briggs.
What should the amperage draw be when clutch is engaged with meter in series with wires feeding clutch? This one measured
15.24 at engagement. Only connected for an instant as I was afraid of cooking my Fluke 88. Resistance at clutch plug measured 000.6. Machine has about 600 hours on it.
Thanks for your help,

Knots
.6 ohms would be 20 amp. Amp draw should be around 3-5 amp. .6 ohms resistance is a shorted electric pto clutch. Time to replace it.

Knots

Threads
.6 ohms would be 20 amp. Amp draw should be around 3-5 amp. .6 ohms resistance is a shorted electric pto clutch. Time to replace it.
ILENGINE,
Thanks for the prompt reply. That was the diagnosis I came up with but wanted to hear it from someone that knew what he was talking about.
Thanks again,
KNOTS

BC4gwkto

Forum Newbie
Threads
Turf Tiger 35 hp briggs

Knots